Thank you for expressing interest in the Prince Albert Police Service as a possible employer. You have made an excellent choice as the Service has an exemplary record of service in our community.
Candidates must have the basic qualifications outlined in this document. These minimum standards contribute to advancement through the selection process and are required for successful completion of each stage. Your qualifications and abilities will be examined and measured against those of all other applicants in the process to judge your overall competiveness in the selection process.
These attributes are:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum of Grade 12 – applicants should be aware that many candidates do have some post secondary education.
- Vision color deficiency may exclude a candidate
- Eye sight must be correctable to 20/20 or 20/30.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or landed immigrant and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a good driving record, with a valid driver’s licence
- Good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Must have a clear criminal record or have a granted pardon for any past offences.
To help better identify yourself as a well rounded candidate please include how you are:
- Active in your community
- Participating in volunteer activities
- Maintaining a regular fitness program
- Developing oral communication with effective writing skills
- Developing interpersonal skills
The Prince Albert Police Service selection process is an open competition which results in an offer of employment to the best suited candidates. All submitted documents will become the property of the Prince Albert Police Service and will not be returned. Do not forward originals. All documents must be current and submitted in one application. Only successful candidates will be notified if selected to continue in the recruitment process.